This salad is great side for a summer dinner and incorporates staple ingredients you probably already have in the fridge! We served this with steak but it would also be perfect with fish or chicken on the grill. Enjoy!
Time Required: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 bag of frozen corn (or corn from 6 ears of corn)
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 2 avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook corn according to instructions on bag and let cool for 5-10 minutes
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl
- Cube the avocados and add to the bowl
- Add the corn to the bowl and stir in goat cheese. The slightly warm corn will melt the goat cheese to coat the salad
- Whisk together white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad
While I enjoyed this salad as a side, I was even more pleased with the leftovers. The following day for lunch I started with a bed of arugula, added one scoop of the corn salad and 2 slices of turkey breast and topped with a dollop of pesto. The result was a sweet and salty salad that kept me full for hours.
I will definitely be doubling the recipe next time to have more leftovers!