I’ve been quarantining with my sister-in-law Jillian for the past few weeks and in that time, she has gotten me absolutely hooked on cold brew. She makes a big batch every few days and we just fly through it. It is smooth and refreshing and the best part is, once it is made, your morning cup of coffee takes absolutely zero prep.
You do need cold brew bags but Jillian easily found them on Amazon! And it takes time to steep (12-24 hours) so keep that in mind.
- Coffee beans (dark roast is best, like a French Roast)
- 8 cups water
- Cold brew bags (4×6 inch)
- Coarsely grind the coffee beans (coarsest setting on a grinder, similar to what is used for French Press)
- Fill 2 cold brew bags with grinds and tie tightly
- Place bags in a large pitcher and add 4 cups cold water
- Let pitcher sit on counter for 12-24 hours
- Add 4 more cups of cold water
- Serve over ice and refrigerate the rest!