My go-to order at Sweetgreen is their Harvest Bowl. The combination of kale, wild rice, apples, sweet potatoes, chicken, goat cheese and almonds is perfectly hearty and satisfying. I’ve attempted to recreate this bowl at home a few times and I think I have it figured out! I modified the ingredients a bit but the result is pretty close to perfect. If you have leftover quinoa and/or butternut squash, this recipe comes together in under 10 minutes. If you have to cook those, it takes a little longer but still worth it!
Feel free to play around with the ingredients! I didn’t add chicken but the Sweetgreen salad does. I also subbed butternut squash for sweet potatoes but either would be great. And I used pecans but walnuts, almonds, etc would also work. The Sweetgreen salad uses a balsamic vinaigrette but I made a quick lemon dijon dressing and it was perfect.
- 1-1.5 cups baby kale
- 1/3 cup quinoa (or rice)
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash (or sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 apple, cubed (I used honeycrisp)
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans (or almonds)
- 1 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Layer the ingredients! I usually start with the kale and quinoa, add the squash and apples and then top with the pecans and goat cheese
- Drizzle the dressing and enjoy!